Top Line

Monday 5 January 2015

..and we shared a bottle of Red Label at 11 am !


Lost in 1989 found today 06 01 2015-
By Wale Ojo Lanre
Yes , we shared a bottle of Red Label at 10 am
Coach Victor Oshuntolu ( AG wososo)
We departed at the Quadrangle of Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo on the Convocation day .
We shared the same room in Akure when we went for Teaching Practice at Akure High School . Rocked most of the parties then and did all what together . .
After we did not meet again until today at about 9 :45 am when I was having a tour of the Sport Centre of the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta , FUNAAB .
Victor Oshuntolu , the son of that late veteran Sport journalist , Baba Oshuntolu is a Coach ( he studied jumpology ) .
We hugged , hugged and lamented the deaths of Labrador , Jide Shatoye and Dayo Aremu while we rejoiced of having Prof Koya Ogen as the Provost of the
College now .
Since we cannot drink or make merry during the day , I went to my car , brought out a bottle of Red Label , asked him to look for a bottle of coke ( we bought a plastic coke ,which I gulped down my throat , gorged out half inside the plastic ) for the evening to remember
the re-union !.
Great Arbicans ! we shouted and I got into my car away to Ibadan , the city of life !