Top Line

Sunday 29 March 2015

Woman says she beat cancer by ditching her husband and eating pineapples

Woman says she beat cancer by ditching her husband and eating pineapples

Woman claims she beat cancer... by eating pineapples and ditching husband
Candice-Marie Fox with one of the fruit smoothies she drank to help beat her cancer. (Picture: SWNS)
A woman who was given just five years to live claims she has beaten an aggressive form of cancer… by eating pineapples.
Candice-Marie Fox, 31, shunned life-lengthening chemotherapy after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer and instead overhauled her diet and dumped her ‘toxic’ husband.
Astonished medics have now confirmed that Candice, who works in marketing, is completely free of tumours and she now runs a website encouraging others to take control of their health.
Candice, from Houghton Regis in Hertfordshire, said: ‘Instead of living for parties, weekends, working and doing the same stuff I did day in, day out, I changed my whole view.
‘I decided to live for me and love life for what it is. It sounds so away with the fairies, but it is the only way to live and it worked.’
Candice-Marie Fox pictured during her battle with cancer. See SWNS story SWCANCER: A woman who was given just five years to live after being diagnosed with an aggressive cancer has CURED herself - thanks to PINEAPPLES. Candice-Marie Fox, 31, found out she had thyroid cancer and reluctantly went under the knife to remove more than 20 lumps three years ago. But when the disease spread and doctors said she had a maximum of five years to live, determined Candice rejected life-lengthening chemotherapy which had "killed" friends. She gave her life an overhaul in bid to banish the disease, and munched on up to THREE pineapples a day - as well as dozens of grapefruits, lemons, apples, kiwis and bananas. Pretty Candice, from Houghton Regis, Hertfordshire, said: "I changed my whole outlook on life.
Candice-Marie Fox pictured during her battle with cancer. (Picture: SWNS)
Candice discovered she had thyroid cancer three years ago and reluctantly went under the knife to remove more than 20 lumps.
But when the disease spread and doctors said she had five years to live, Candice rejected chemotherapy she believed had “killed” friends.
Instead she overhauled her life and munched on up to three pineapples a day as well as grapefruits, lemons, apples, kiwis and bananas.
The fruits are high in a cancer-zapping proteins – called bromelain.
The former model also ditched other ‘toxins’ in her life – including alcohol, meat and even her husband.
Within just six months her grade four cancer was almost gone.
Candice-Marie Fox pictured with her friend's children making one of the fruit smoothies which she claims has cured her cancer. See SWNS story SWCANCER: A woman who was given just five years to live after being diagnosed with an aggressive cancer has CURED herself - thanks to PINEAPPLES. Candice-Marie Fox, 31, found out she had thyroid cancer and reluctantly went under the knife to remove more than 20 lumps three years ago. But when the disease spread and doctors said she had a maximum of five years to live, determined Candice rejected life-lengthening chemotherapy which had "killed" friends. She gave her life an overhaul in bid to banish the disease, and munched on up to THREE pineapples a day - as well as dozens of grapefruits, lemons, apples, kiwis and bananas. Pretty Candice, from Houghton Regis, Hertfordshire, said: "I changed my whole outlook on life.
Candice-Marie Fox pictured with her friend’s children making one of the fruit smoothies which she claims has cured her cancer. (Picture: SWNS)
She said: ‘I got rid of everything toxic in my life and became so grateful for life.
‘I had got rid of the massive tumours by arresting and starving them with the pure science of food.
‘There are now no tumours left in me. I’m so grateful for the cancer now in hindsight. It turned me into the person that I was meant to be.’
Candice, from Houghton Regis, Hertfordshire, found a lump above her left collarbone in 2011 and an ultrasound revealed around 20 papillary thyroid carcinomas.
Doctors said unless she had the lumps removed she would loose her voice or die within a year.
She underwent a four and a half hour operation.
She had radioactive treatment to ‘mop up’ any remaining cancer but a scan two months later revealed it had spread to her liver and the back of her neck.
She was given a maximum of five years to live.
Candice refused chemotherapy to reduce the incurable cancer after losing her best friend Jamie Brownsmead, 31, and cousin Frankie Gerathy, 13, in 2009.
Candice said: ‘I was a blubbering mess. I thought what have I done to get myself in this situation. That was the darkest point I have ever been when I was in hospital.
‘My best friend and my cousin died because of chemo and there was no way I was doing that.
‘I got strong from that point. I stopped going into myself and crying.
‘I decided I had five years left, or six months to get rid of this crap, and show them that I can do it on my own.’
She binned chemical-filled beauty products and cleaning sprays, quit smoking and took up yoga, as well splitting up with her husband of two years.
As well as joining a positive-thinking dance group, she took up meditation and gave up her un-fulfilling job as a courier.
‘Stress, chemicals and animal products all feed cancer, so I just got rid of them,’ she said.
‘My husband was not supportive and it wasn’t working, we we split up too.’
Recent tests showed her cancer was at a 0.2 level – just 0.1 above they expected healthy level, and in the normal range for healthy people.
Oncologist Mark Simon, director at the Nutritional Oncology Research Institute in California, said she she is clear of the disease.
He said: ‘Her tumor markers which reflect the number of cancerous cells has been well within the normal range for over two years, so we can confidently say that her stage four thyroid cancer is under effective management.
‘I can tell you that most thyroid cancer patients with similar circumstances to Candice who follow the conventional path do not survive or experience a very poor quality of life.
‘Cancer is an infection of aberrant cells and treating cancer is like dealing with a Bacterial infection.
‘We attempt to maintain an environment not conducive towards tumour growth and proliferation.
‘Diet plays a major role along with regular exercise, positive attitude and even spirituality.’