Top Line

Friday 21 March 2014

To hell with Segun Oni

To hell with Segun Oni 
Why I hate Segun Oni with passion
If you think I am going out of my mind by telling the world that I hate His Excellency Segun Oni, the former Governor of Ekiti state who in his magnanimity appointed me as his spokesperson or Chief Press Secretary ( CPS) , you have the right to your opinion. I give no hoot to that
Honestly and sincerely , i regretted serving this man as his CPS .
I never bargained nor struggled to be the CPS of HE Oni .
In fact , I was enjoying myself with a friend at a luxurious villa in East Legion , Ghana , having romance with Red Label when HE called to inform me about the appointment.
It was a double celebration that day as we shifted the celebration from East Legion to a cosy hotel near the beach !
The first person who called from Nigeria congratulated me and happy that I have joined the people in the corridor of power and essentially that the time has come for us to make money as most CPS used to do .
Of course , I am not so fastidious about making money , God has a way of providing for my upkeep without begging .
But I know to be a very reasonable spender who not tolerate brazen stealing .
But I never knew he would carry this virtue to government house where the money is supposed to be free for spending particularly for some of us in the bedroom of power.
I remember the last assignment I handled for him when he was at ETF in Ibadan .
I remember vividly the ETF South - West stakeholder summit held then at Lafia Hotel, Apata Ganga Ibadan where I coordinated the media, the visual recording and banners.
I remember brother Segun telling us to fill a form to remit and return some extra ( miscellaneous ) back to EFT !
We argued against this move .
But the Ifaki Orikina man ensured we officially returned what should have been ordinarily our lot
I honestly thought he would not carry this attitude to the government house .
On that point , I made the biggest mis - calculation of my life time
For ,( kaka ko san fun iya aje)
But he did . It was even in greater measure and wider proportion .
How do you expect me to love a man who believed that political position or appointment is not to make money but serve the people ?
How do you want me to adore a man who believe the scarce resources of Ekiti should not been used first of all to pay furniture allowances of the " supreme political appointees" but be diverted and used for public good ?
Do you think I should like a Governor who insisted of going to Abuja by road instead of going in a chartered flight every time ?
He abridged the salary of political appointees and his aides by 40 per cent instead of finding unwholesome ways of shoring it up at the expense of the state .
How should I adore a man who never allowed us his personal aides to steal or indulge in too much in perquisites of office ? . The Ekiti civil servants hated him so much because of his araldite hand and this led to them bombarding God with volley of powerful torrent prayers calling for his removal just because he blocked some of the holes where some of them used to siphon Ekiti's money . . They believed that the person whom they expected - Fayemi will open the till free for them . But I think Fayemi has disappointed them again . The prayer against Fayemi is even more fervent now as they now think , Fayemi is even going beyond normal at blocking where they eat !
This is also the reason why his
own party member, I mean the PDP joined forces with the opposition against him just because he injected uprightness into governance and politics . The national body of his party also looked elsewhere when his case in court was manipulated .
I hate this man who left Governor's stead with only 8 million naira home and abroad .
I hate Segun Oni for not having deals with contractors .
I hate him for telling us always never to allow our personal interest to override the love for Ekiti
I hate this man who believes honesty , uprightness , dedication , straightforwardness is the best policy
I hate HE Segun Oni for preventing Moyo from coming to supply and pay me a visit in kiririkiri , if I had stolen then.
I hate Segun Oni for for piloting me to hold my head high as someone who served his state without blemish
I hate him
I hate him
I hate him with passion .