Top Line

Saturday 29 August 2015

Was Amosun's wife arrested for money laundering ?

  1. Olufunsho Amosun, the wife of the Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun has denied been arrested been arrested for money laundering. 

    Olufunsho Amosun.jpg

    Mrs Amosun made the clarification at State Hospital, Abeokuta, on Friday during an interview with journalists shortly after she donated milk and other items to expectant mothers on behalf of Aisha Buhari, the wife of the Nigerian President; PREMIUM TIMES reports.

    Responding to a reporter’s question, she said, ''Well, I thank you for that and I am happy that you called it a rumour. I never did anything of that nature. But as you can see me to the glory of God, it’s not my portion; it shall never be my portion.

    ''And I believe that you know your Governor, His Excellency, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, I’m sure you know he’ll never be involved in anything that is associated with money laundering or anything negative like that. So, as you said, it’s a rumour and it shall remain so. It didn’t happen. It hasn’t happened and it shall not happen.”