Top Line

Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Girl, two, got drunk after being served sangria instead of juice

Girl, two, got drunk after being served sangria instead of juice

When a two-year-old girl started staggering around and kissing everything at a restaurant her parents were worried.
What Derek and Tiffany Gilliam didn’t know was their daughter Gabriela was drunk after consuming sangria.
The alcoholic cocktail had been taken to the family by a waitress accidentally while they dined at the Texas Roadhouse, in Asheville, North Carolina.
Drunk girl, Gabriela
Gabriela was staggering around at the restaurant Picture: Facebook)
They had actually ordered her a cranberry juice but after she complained it tasted funny, they took it away.
‘She was staggering and she was kissing everything,’ Tiffany told news station WLOS.
She added: ‘I was scared that she might not wake up. That she’d choke on her throw up and not wake up. It was the most horrible feeling ever.’
Texas Roadhouse
The incident happened at the Texas Roadhouse (Picture: YouTube)
After taking her to hospital it emerged she had consumed alcohol.
The mistake of bringing sangria to the table had been made by the waitress. The restaurant has apologised.
The family had been celebrating Mr Gilliam’s 25th birthday.