Top Line

Sunday 28 April 2013

Gynaecologist gave patient two orgasms in under two minutes

The civil court case against gynaecologist Angus Thomson collapsed on Friday. Bibi Giles had accused him of touching her inappropriately

 

A gynaecologist gave a patient two "leg buckling" orgasms in a minute and a half during an examination, a court has heard.


The civil court case against gynaecologist Angus Thomson collapsed on Friday. Bibi Giles had accused him of touching her inappropriately Photo: KEVIN REID
Bibi Giles said she was horrified at what Angus Thomson was doing to her, as a nurse stood just feet away, but that her reaction had been "involuntary".
She said that Mr Thomson said she was one of the "fittest patients" he had, accused him of sexual assault and is suing him for distress.
Mrs Giles has accused him of trying to start an affair with her and the court heard that on one occasion, when she complained of symptoms, she said he replied in a raised voice: “Well you need to have sex, if you don't you will have an explosion.”
Worcester County Court heard that Mrs Giles visited Mr Thomson for an internal examination on November 30th 2006 at Droitwich Spa Hospital, six weeks after surgery, when he touched her inappropriately.
She said: “I cannot control my body. He was stroking me and my leg just buckled.
“I felt that it was wrong - but I didn't know if this is the way gynaecologists examined the patient after the operation.
“When I left the room there was no doubt that the conversation and touch was sexual. When I realised he was doing something out of the boundary I didn't want to say anything as I was still under his care.”
Mrs Giles, from Droitwich Spa, Worcs, said she felt that Mr Thomson had abused her and immediately rang her husband in tears.
She said: “I told him what had happened, Mr Thomson had upset me. I explained how I reacted how my leg buckled. It felt like an orgasm after he had caused it. I was very, very sensitive.'
Mrs Giles said that she didn't want to go through the intrusion of another gynaecologist, so stayed with Mr Thomson but claimed whenever she wanted to talk about her condition he changed the conversation to the subject of them having an extra-marital affair.
She said he gave her his mobile and home telephone numbers, urging her to call day or night, and on one visit tried to kiss her. She claimed that whenever she tried to talk to him about her condition, he turned the topic to sex.
She added: “He tried to twist the calls round to personal issues, emotions and sex. The conversation always starts off with him asking any problems, and then it turns into something else.
“His preference was to talk about matters of a personal nature. He promises me half way about treatment, but at the same time he is pursuing me. He turned the conversation round to issues to do with sex and libido.”
Under cross examination, Christina Lambert, for Mr Thomson, told her: “Not only is it not correct that Mr Thomson asked you for a kiss, but never at any stage was he looking at you and saying you were very attractive.”
She said the examination took place “in the presence of a chaperone”, adding: “It would have been an exceptionally dangerous touching for Mr Thomson – the nurse could have seen your left leg buckle.”
Mrs Giles replied: "Yes it was very dangerous to do it that is why he moved away quickly. He watched me get dressed and made a comment that I was one of the fittest patients he had. He started to stare at me while the nurse Moira helped me off the bed.”
The case continues.