Top Line

Friday 20 September 2013

‘My wife is a trouble maker and party addict’

•I turned to party going for comfort – Wife

Thirty-year-old Femi Abdul of 10 Awosika Street, Opebi area of Ikeja (Lagos) has told the court that he wants his three year old marriage to Iyabode Abdul dissolved on the ground of gross disobedience and negligence of duty as a wife.
“How can I have a wife that I cannot talk to and she listens? The only thing she is good at is making trouble and going to parties. She is never at home to cook and do the necessary chores expected of a wife She is always going from one party to another.
If I knew she would end up this way, I would not have married her in the first place. She is not ready to change and I can’t continue living with someone who is unyielding and insensitive to my feelings. I want the marriage dissolved,” Abdul said.
Iyabode, on the other hand, said she is trying everything within her power to fulfill her duties at home, but that her husband is not appreciative. She also promised to do all that is needed to keep their union.
“I am trying my best to be a good wife but my husband is always complaining about everything I do and that is very frustrating. That was why I turned to party going for comfort.
But I am willing and ready to do everything he wants to make the marriage work because I still love him and I don’t want the marriage dissolved,” she said. The case was adjourned to October 8, 2013 for possible reconciliation.