Top Line

Saturday 21 September 2013

Okorocha presents Thousands of supporters to APC in Ibadan

IMO State governor, Chief Rochas Anayochukwu Okorocha, has formally presented thousands of his supporters who worked for him during his campaign for the presidential position in 2007 to the All Progressives Congress (APC).


Okorocha, who pleaded with his colleague governors in the APC to accept the supporters, who are members of the Rochas Moveme
nt, made the appeal on Saturday during his 51st birthday and graduation ceremony of Rochas Foundation School at the Adamasingba Stadium, Mokola, Ibadan, Oyo State.
“Rochas Movement has been with me since I contested for the position of president. They have never deserted me. They are dependable. One can count on their support. As I am presenting them to the APC, I am also telling them that this is my new party, the APC.
Graduating students of Rochas Foundation Ibadan
“I enjoin all the governors in the South-West to accept all these followers of mine into the APC fold,” he said.
The carnival-like ceremony, which drew top politicians and government functionaries from the South-West states and Imo State, was attended by thousands of Rochas Foundation from states across the federation.
It was also attended by the Oyo State governor, senator abiola Ajimobi; deputy governor of Osun State, Mrs Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, who represented Governor Rauf Aregbesola; and the Chief of Staff to Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, Mr Yemi Adaramodu, who stood in for the governor.
While speaking about the graduating students of the Rochas Foundation College, Ibadan as well as the current students of the school, Governor Okorocha noted that they were the reason he was in existence, adding that life would become meaningless to him, if he ceased to help them.
“These students are the reason I am in existence. Life is meaningless to me, unless I am able to help the needy. If charity is what will make me poor, I declare right here that I am a poor man. Unitll I die, I will continue to give to the poor,” he said.
Okorocha added that with the Oyo State governor, Senator Ajimobi, in office, both of them had started a process of building bridges across the divide of the South-East and the South-West, adding that citizens of both state should begin to see themselves as one henceforth.
“With my colleague the governor of Oyo State here, we are building a bridge of friendship across the South-East and the South-West. From today, we are one. Igbo and Yoruba should begin to see themselves as one.