Top Line

Thursday 30 May 2013

See the face of a man who sold his first child for 30 ,000 naira only

‘I sold my children on my father-in-law’s order’

  • Written by  Olalekan Olabulo- Lagos
  • Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:00
  • font size decrease font size increase font size 
  • Print 
  • Email
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Twenty six  years old Chibueze Mba, who was a few days ago arrested by detectives from the Special Anti Robbery Squad of the Lagos State police command for his involvement in a series of children theft and sale  has blamed his former father in law for his crime
Chibueze had on Thursday afternoon confessed  to newsmen that he did not only sell kids of other parents but also that he  sold his first child for a paltry N30, 000 and that he had sold his unborn child for N200, 000.
The Imo State born suspect also stated that he had made over a million naira from the crime but he did not enjoy spending the money as a result of the fact that policemen were constantly on his trail.
Chibueze , while speaking with the Nigerian Tribune stated that he got in contact with Mrs Benedicta Ogbonna , who later became his partner in crime , when he was looking for how to get rid of his girlfriend’s pregnancy
The suspect ,  while narrating the genesis of the whole story, said that his former father in law’s decision to send his daughter out of his house , after discovering that she was pregnant pushed him into the crime
“When my girlfriend in the village was pregnant for me The father sent her out The father is very tough. He also threatened to kill me so my girlfriend and I ran to Cross Rivers State “ the suspect said and added that life in Cross River was very tough for him and his pregnant girlfriend.
“I was working at a palm oil producing company in Rivers State , where I was pai N500 everyday. That was not enough and Dozie , who is my friend , though older than me , introduced me to the woman (Bernadicta),” he continued.
The suspect also told Crime & Security that “Dozie told me that the woman would buy the child for N100, 000 but he only gave me N30, 000 and promised to balance me but he did not give me any money When it was time to deliver , the woman asked my girlfriend to come and be staying with her in Onitsha.”
He claimed that , after giving his baby to the woman he went his way but was invited by Bernadicta to come to Delta and that on getting to Delta , the woman suggested to him that he could make serious money by bringing other children to her.
“When I met with the woman, she told me to be bringing children to her and that she would pay me good money for those children I did not want to agree with her but when I thought of the money that she promised me , I agreed to the business,” Chibueze said.
On what he had done with the millions of naira made from the illicit deal, the suspect siad that” I did not enjoy the money, the police did not allow me to enjoy the money I used it to rent house, when policemen were running after me.”
Though the suspect regretted his actions , he blamed his former girlfriend’s father , when he said that “ It was my girlfriend father that caused it. If he had not sent his daughter and me out of the village , I would not have met the woman, who bought my baby.”