Top Line

Thursday 29 August 2013

Don't call me Mathew again- Obasanjo

Former President  of Nigeria  Cheif Olusegun Obasanjo on thursday in Sokoto   asked  people especially top government functionaries  who are use to call add Mathew to his name  to henceforth  top doing that  whenever  they want to address,
introduce or acknowledge him  at functions

President Obasanjo while concluding his speech as a special  guest   at the commissioning of Gov Aliyu Wammako's water project  jokingly said " Mr Governor, please don't call me Mathew  again, it has no meaning to me," when i was born my parent decided to give me this name as my christian name and while i was about to leave primary school i discovered that it has no meaning, Okikiola, has meaning, Olusegun has meaning even Obasanjo has its own meaning . and i want you Mr Speaker (  Hon Aminu Tambuwa) to tell them in Abuja because you people  are the ones that invites us to Abuja now so henceforth do not call me Mathew again" he concluded
 Immediately after he concluded his speech  everybody busted into laughter and they proceed to the commissioning site