Top Line

Sunday 19 October 2014

I did stomach infrastructure more than any other previous Govt in Ekiti,- Fayemi

I did stomach infrastructure more than any other previous Govt in Ekiti,all d noise of stomach infrastructure is arrant nonsense,I am not of the school of thought that throw 500k to people by the road side while pocketing 2billion and be hailed baba rere baba ke while "No government in Ekiti has done stomach infrastructure than mine. I stand corrected! What do we call the 25,000 senior citizens that got N5,000 monthly? Is that not stomach infrastructure? What of the youths that collected N10,000 monthly? Is that not stomach infrastructure? Ekiti Civil Servants are the best paid in the country. Ekiti Teachers are the best paid in Nigeria. Is that not stomach infrastructure? I can go on and go on! See, my defeat has nothing to do with stomach infrastructure. As Professor wole Soyinka said, my defeat was a mystery, and that mystery would soon be unraveled."~Dr. Kayode Fayemi, former Governor, Ekiti State on Channels TV.